Despite the convenience of debit cards there is a risk of fraud. It is important to protect your debit card as you would your cash, credit cards or checks. Here are a few tips to help you avoid becoming a victim of debit card fraud.
· Check your bank statements each month; make sure all payments are yours.
· Contact your bank immediately if your card is stolen or lost.
· Memorize your PIN number. Never use your date of birth or social security numbers for PIN.
· Know your limits. Many issuers have a daily purchase and daily withdrawals for your protection.
· Do not give your PIN number to anyone. Your PIN is for your use only.
· Be careful when entering your PIN number; make sure no one is watching you.
· Make sure you take your receipts with you. Do not leave them in the ATM machine.
These tips are a start to ATM safety. Preventing debit card fraud is a combined effort between you and your bank. Peoples Community Bank wants to keep you and your debit card safe.